Since it was founded in 1955, The Country School has prided itself on attracting and retaining excellent educators who, in the words of our Mission Statement, "expect much from our students, because we believe they have much to give." Salaries and benefits are competitive. The Country School employs without regard to gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to its community. The Country School is an EOE Employer.
For inquiries about employment opportunities, please contact Cindy Richar, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School. Call 203-421-3113, email email@example.com or send correspondence to:
The Country School
341 Opening Hill Road
Madison, CT 06443
Part-time Visual Arts Teacher: The Country School seeks a skilled and collaborative art educator to work with talented students in grades 5 through 8.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implement instructional activities in which students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Provide a structured, positive classroom that encourages students to think critically throughout the learning process and that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the student groups involved
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establish clear objectives for all lessons and communicate these objectives to students
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Work collaboratively with other teachers
- Participate in school-wide and divisional teams and Professional Learning Communities to share best practices to improve overall school performance
- Has an interest or background in exploring more technology in art, such as multimedia interactive projects, coding for computer animation, robotics and engineering
- Would like to broaden into large-scale sculpture opportunities, projection installations, or an interactive wall
The Country School employs without regard to gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to its community. The Country School is an EOE Employer.
For inquiries about this employment opportunity, please email Cindy Richar, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School or call 203-421-3113.
Substitute Teachers: The Country School seeks Guest Teachers for PreSchool - 8th Grade classes. The Country School is an independent day school with small class sizes and a supportive community. Responsibilities beyond the classroom may include lunch and recess duty and/or study hall. Make a difference in children’s lives while earning competitive pay. EOE Email karen.cunningham@