Middle School History Teacher
The Country School is seeking a Middle School History Teacher and Advisor for the 2021-22 year and beyond. The Country School is a community where diversity is celebrated and employees of Color are welcomed, valued and supported.
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter and instructional skills
- Create a dynamic and inspiring classroom
- Support the organizational, academic, and emotional needs of students
- Work collaboratively with other faculty members
- Show a commitment to the issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Be comfortable with technology in the classroom, especially if The Country School needs to move to distance learning
- Engage in cross-disciplinary STEAM units
- Keep abreast of current events/movements and using these themes to keep historical content relevant.
- Create individualized lessons for students who are struggling or for students who are showing strong potential and a demonstrated passion for history.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of middle school students.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required although a master’s degree is preferred. History Teachers’ responsibilities include preparing lessons and curricula, teaching students to analyze different texts. Tolerance of different opinions and creating a learning environment where students respect each other are essential. Strong teachers should be approachable, caring, and able to convey their passion to students.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Beth Coyne, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Country School seeks Guest Teachers for PreSchool - 8th Grade classes. The Country School is an independent day school with small class sizes and a supportive community. Responsibilities beyond the classroom may include lunch and recess duty and/or study hall. Make a difference in children’s lives while earning competitive pay. EOE Email email@example.com
The Country School, founded in 1955, offers an unparalleled educational experience to PreSchool through 8th Grade students. Beyond traditional academic disciplines, The Country School’s Signature Programs: Elmore Leadership, STEAM, Public Speaking, Outdoor Education, and Global Citizenship speak to the school’s commitment to provide students with lessons that will last a lifetime.
The Country School is a community where diversity is celebrated and people of Color are welcomed, valued and supported.