Since it was founded in 1955, The Country School has prided itself on attracting and retaining excellent educators who, in the words of our Mission Statement, "expect much from our students, because we believe they have much to give." Salaries and benefits are competitive. The Country School employs without regard to gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to its community. The Country School is an EOE Employer.
For inquiries about employment opportunities, please contact Cindy Richar, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School. Call 203-421-3113, email email@example.com or send correspondence to:
The Country School
341 Opening Hill Road
Madison, CT 06443
We encourage our substitute teachers to review our Guest Teacher Handbook prior to entering the classroom.
5th Grade Teacher: The Country School has an opening for an enthusiastic 5th Grade teacher with a special interest in mathematics who will
- create a dynamic and inspiring classroom,
- support the organizational, academic, and emotional needs of intermediate students,
- create an age-appropriate curriculum that speaks to our diverse group of learners,
- show a commitment to the issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity,
- is comfortable with technology in the classroom,
- invests in the life of the school by actively participating in clubs and faculty committees,
- work collaboratively with other faculty members towards a common goal through active listening, sharing, and reflecting,
- engage in cross disciplinary STEAM units,
- commit to their own professional growth and reflection.
We seek teachers who are dynamic, highly collaborative, and committed to professional growth in their discipline and teaching practice, who have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree although a Master’s degree is preferred. We require at least two years of teaching experience.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Beth Coyne, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers: The Country School seeks Guest Teachers for PreSchool - 8th Grade classes. The Country School is an independent day school with small class sizes and a supportive community. Responsibilities beyond the classroom may include lunch and recess duty and/or study hall. Make a difference in children’s lives while earning competitive pay. EOE Email karen.cunningham@