The Country School is seeking a long-term 3rd Grade substitute teacher from February to the end of the school year.
Ideal candidates for this position will:
- demonstrate mastery of subject matter and instructional skills
- show a commitment to the issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity
- be comfortable with technology in the classroom, especially if The Country School needs to move to distance learning
- engage in cross-disciplinary STEAM units
- create a dynamic and inspiring classroom
- support the organizational, academic, and emotional needs of students
- work collaboratively with other faculty members
- commit to their own professional growth and reflection
We seek teachers who are dynamic and committed to professional growth in their discipline and teaching practice, who have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree although a master’s degree is preferred. We require at least two years of teaching experience.
The Country School seeks Guest Teachers for PreSchool - 8th Grade classes. The Country School is an independent day school with small class sizes and a supportive community. Responsibilities beyond the classroom may include lunch and recess duty and/or study hall. Make a difference in children’s lives while earning competitive pay. EOE Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Country School, founded in 1955, offers an unparalleled educational experience to PreSchool through 8th Grade students. Beyond traditional academic disciplines, The Country School’s Signature Programs: Elmore Leadership, STEAM, Public Speaking, Outdoor Education, and Global Citizenship speak to the school’s commitment to provide students with lessons that will last a lifetime.
The Country School is a community where diversity is celebrated and employees of Color are welcomed, valued and supported.