Shaping the Future Capital Campaign
In celebration of our school's 60th Anniversary, The Country School campus underwent a dramatic transformation which shaped the experiences of students, teachers, and families for generations to come.
Phase 1: New facilities
Phase 1 concluded during the late spring of 2016, with the exciting and transformative expansion of our athletic facilities. Thanks to the remarkable generosity of a broad array of donors who collectively donated more than $1.2 million, we:
- installed two new side-by-side, state-of-the-art athletic fields and a baseball/softball diamond
- constructed the Rothberg Tennis Center, a four-court tennis facility, where, in partnership with Madison Racquet & Swim Club, we hold USTA events and offer our own programming
- created a new playground near the athletic complex, featuring a full-sized, outdoor basketball court, gaga pit, swing set, and more
- installed the Class of 2016 outdoor patio and a gazebo overlooking the athletic complex
In addition, we upgraded landscaping across campus, including near entrances, on campus pathways, and in the Clark House preschool playground, for both aesthetic and functional purposes.
Phase 2: Redesigning our campus footprint to enhance learning, collaboration, and safety
During the summer of 2016, we embarked on Phase 2, a plan to rework campus infrastructure, moving vehicles and parking to the outskirts of campus and converting the center of campus to a pedestrian "village for learning." The plan, part of a Master Campus Plan developed by Centerbrook Architects, also allowed for the completion of:
- A redesign and upgrading of all entrances to campus
- Aesthetic enhancements to classroom buildings and grounds
- The rethinking of collaborative spaces, both indoor and outdoor, to facilitate interactive activities and collaborative learning and to support student-centered activity
The small-scale village atmosphere of the redesigned campus sets The Country School campus apart from its peer schools, creating a gracious and inviting atmosphere capable of serving and inspiring students and visitors alike.