Secondary School Placement Process
At The Country School, our Secondary School Counseling program is designed to support students and their families through the transition to secondary school. Our ultimate goal is to help our 8th Graders find a school that fits his or her individual strengths, learning style, and stage of development, so that they can continue to reach their highest, not only in school but also in life.
The Secondary School Counselor provides a conduit for information transfer between The Country School and the schools to which a student may be applying. The counselor also provides students with the support needed as they apply to secondary school, including:
- knowledge of various school options
- explanation of the process
- mock interviews
- SSAT preparation and administration
- advising which schools may be a good fit
- writing teacher recommendations and student profiles for selected schools
- delivery of recommendations, profile, and transcripts to selected schools
- exposure to an array of schools and admission representatives at The Country School's annual Secondary School Fair
Although the Secondary School Placement Process can be challenging, it is also a time of excitement and growth as students and their families prepare for life beyond The Country School. We look forward to embarking on this journey together, and nothing makes us happier than seeing our alumni thrive in secondary school and beyond.