- What are the age requirements for students entering The Country School?
- Will my child be interviewed?
- Are tours available throughout the year?
- Is transportation available?
- What does tuition cover?
- Is there a dress code?
- What are the school's hours?
- Do you offer any ancillary programs?
- Where do your graduates typically attend high school and college?
Children applying for PreSchool, PreKindergarten and Kindergarten during the regular admission season will attend a group visit. During this visit, the children are observed in a social setting with peers and as well as during a brief one-on-one time with a teacher.
Students applying to 1st through 8th Grade stay for a full school day in their current grade and are interviewed by a member of the Educational Leadership Team.
At The Country School we consider every day a visit day. We encourage families to visit during the school week to see the campus in full swing. To schedule your visit, please contact email@example.com or call 203-421-3113, extension 122. Please note that we accept applications for admission throughout the calendar year.
The Country School expects a standard of dress during the school day that respects the atmosphere of learning and sets a proper tone for the work day. All clothing should be neat, clean, modest, and in good taste. The simple rule of thumb is “dress up, not down!” A more detailed description of our dress code is available in our Student Handbook.
We offer an array of ancillary programs, both before and after school or, in the case of hot lunch, during school. Fees for these programs are based on participation. These programs include:
- Owl’s Nest, our before- (7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.) and after-school (until 6 p.m.) program.
- Homework Haven, an after-school program for Middle School students until 5 p.m. Located in the Elmore Library, Homework Haven provides a quiet area, monitored by a Middle School teacher, where students can do homework or work on projects with any necessary resources at their finger tips.
- Intramural sports
- Before- or after-school activities such as the Robotics Team, Model UN, Science Olympiad, Math Counts, Chess Club, Tennis Club
- Hot lunch program
- Young Musicians Program
The Country School provides an education that lasts a lifetime, preparing graduates to go on to a range of high schools, including Andover, Choate Rosemary Hall, Daniel Hand, Ethel Walker, Exeter, Fairfield Prep, Guilford High School, Hamden Hall, Hopkins, Hotchkiss, Kingswood Oxford, Lauralton Hall, Loomis Chaffee, Lyme Old Lyme High School, Mercy, Miss Porter’s, Pomfret, St. Paul’s, Suffield Academy, Taft, Westminster, Williams, Xavier, and more. Click here to see a list of schools attended in recent years as well as a list of recent college choices.