The Country School honors our students’ creativity, sense of wonder, and intellectual curiosity. Our integrated curriculum aligns rigorous academics with a commitment to character and leadership development. We nurture every student’s unique role in the community, empowering them to impact the broader world. Graduates of The Country School face the future with confidence and an education that lasts a lifetime.
We live our Mission by:
- Inspiring lifelong learners with a dynamic and rigorous curriculum.
- Celebrating the whole child by emphasizing social and emotional growth through coordinated programs (Responsive Classroom, Advisor Program, Reading Buddies, etc).
- Integrating leadership opportunities throughout our 11-year continuum that enhance student learning in and beyond the classroom. (Elmore Leadership, Outdoor Education, MacLane Poetry, WTCS and All-School meeting, TedX, Celebrations of Learning, etc)
- Recognizing the value of service as a learning opportunity and a responsibility we all have to our greater community.
- Providing inclusive artistic and athletic opportunities for every student.
- Developing strong partnerships among students, teachers, parents, families, alumni, and our greater shoreline community.
- Growing together through our community traditions and values.
- Growing in diversity and inclusivity through deliberate outreach programs that celebrate differences and teach tolerance.
- Utilizing every aspect of our 23-acre country setting to deliver and strengthen our program.